Buyers Guide Content
- What is Security Guard Management Software
- Challenges Faced by the Security Guards Industry
- Why Do You Need Security Guard Management Software?
- Key Features of Security Guard Management Software
- Benefits of Security Guard Management Software
- How to Find the Best Security Guard Monitoring System
What is Security Guard Management Software
Security guard management software is a computer program used by the security services industry to manage the performance of guards and to streamline operations. Security guard management software solutions provide incident reports, site tours, geofencing and GPS tracking capabilities for efficient patrolling.
Challenges Faced by the Security Guards Industry
Some of the common challenges that patrolling guards and security officers face on a day-to-day basis are:
- Lack of training for security guards to react in different crisis-related situations
- Poor accountability when it comes to incident management
- Poor communication among security guards leading to miscommunication
- Unavailability of any alerts system to report any security breach incidence
- Cumbersome, manual processes for task management, schedule sharing and reporting
- Inefficient visitor control procedures across different residential societies and commercial building
- No system to track and report dubious incidences that can lead to security threat
Why Do You Need Security Guard Management Software?
A security guard management system is a reliable tool to track and control the movements and activities of security guards. The software also equips them to report any security breach-related incident quickly and take full accountability for any situation.
The guard management system provides features for daily shift reports, shift scheduling, visitor management, task management, and more. Most security guard management systems have user-friendly features and can be used by anyone with limited technical expertise or computer knowledge.
Key Features of Security Guard Management Software
- Tracking security guards: Guard management systems monitor the activity of security guards in real-time and track their performance during patrolling.
- Distributing post orders: Guard management system supports material and asset tracking and also helps create & share schedules with security guards online.
- Monitoring employee efficiency: Guard tour patrol systems generate reports for monitoring the efficiency and performance of security guards and officers.
- Task management: Security guard monitoring systems provide advanced features for tracking the duty time, assigning patrolling tasks, and tracking attendance.
- Scanning checkpoints: Patrol management systems help supervisors scan checkpoints from virtually any location for better security guard and premise management. Such scans can be performed for multiple locations.
- Advanced scheduling: Security guard management software helps create and share online work schedules with security officers and guards in real-time.
- Daily shift reports: Guard patrol monitoring systems let security guards send daily and hourly duty reports to employers. This helps improve efficiency at work.
- Visitor management: A security guard patrol system can be used for creating badges for visitors to any premise, creating visitors’ profiles, and accessing the visitors’ list for complete security.
- Actionable analytics: Guard patrol monitoring system provides actionable information for anticipating risks and optimizing the efficiency of security operations.
Benefits of Security Guard Management Software
- No more manual log entries: Security guard management software offers extensive log summaries to ensure employee's and workers compliance as well as zero negligence complaints.
- Better complaint resolution: Guard monitoring systems make it easy for security guards to connect with higher authorities for raising issues or complaints
- Performance-related reports: Guard monitoring systems offer customized reports to analyze the performance of security guards and to gauge the potential security risk in any location.
- Risk mitigation: Security guard management software provides vulnerability and security risk assessments for any facility or premise.
- Identifying security gaps: Guard patrol systems identify the gaps that may exist in security procedures with the help of its digital security audit tools.
- Quick crisis management: Guard patrol systems provide incident investigation modules for crisis management and supporting a company’s security initiatives.
- Fast incident reports: Guard monitoring systems provide centralized incident reporting for effective security and document management.
- Intrusion detection: Guard patrol monitoring systems provide features for security guards to send an alert for any intrusion attempt instantly.
How to Find the Best Security Guard Monitoring System
- Reliable vendor support: It is important for patrol management systems to provide round-the-clock support along with detailed information on GPS location of guards, inactive checkpoints and pending check-ins.
- Crucial add-ons: Add-ons like timesheet management, mobile panic buttons, event reporting and task assignment make a security guard patrol system more efficient.
- Pricing structure: Guard patrol monitoring system offers different feature sets under different plans. You can choose the pricing level based on your feature requirements. Installation process: Guard patrol monitoring systems have to have a smooth installation process so that you can start right away and use its features effortlessly.
- Reviews & ratings: Check for ratings as customer reviews are the honest way of getting a peek into the software’s performance.
- Outdoor sounder: Outdoor sounders with security guard management software help send quick alerts in any emergency situation. If these aren’t available, you may have to incur extra costs for buying external sounders.
- Software updates: Updates are essential for protecting the device against hackers and availing the advanced features. Make sure that the guard patrol management system you choose offers constant updates.