Found our list of Hindi Typing Software helpful? We’re here to help you make the right choice and automate your business processes. Let’s discover some of the essential factors that you must consider to make a smarter decision!
Buyers Guide Content
Hindi typing software provides the unique feature of typing the Hindi language on an English keyboard. This can be used in both Microsoft Office and various social media applications. Hindi typing software provides typing software that do not require special efforts or keyboard stickers. Interesting add-ons such as a virtual keyboard, auto text option, and language toggle are the key highlights of the best Hindi typing software.
Hindi typing test software also makes available an onscreen Hindi keyboard for PC for a more user-friendly experience.
1. Transliteration Service: The transliteration system is designed for typing in Hindi or any other Indian language with the help of an English keyboard. In the given space for typing, just type the word in the English language and press space bar. The transliteration feature would automatically convert this word typed in English into Hindi language or any other language of your choice.
2. Speech Typing: The speech typing mechanism is specifically meant for easing the Hindi typing process. Some of the best Hindi typing software for PC / Laptop has an in-built speaker that converts voice speech into text. One can use either Hindi or English language for speaking into the mic system.
3. Hindi English Dictionary: The Hindi to English and English to Hindi dictionary is attached to Hindi typing software. Aside from Hindi typing software with keyboard enabled features, the dictionary option is also a convenient feature of the software as after downloading it, you can refer the dictionary when there is no internet connection.
4. Font Conversion Tool: The font conversion tool easily converts Kruti dev to Mangal or Unicode and Mangal to Kruti. Any font can be converted into any other font type with ease with the help of a font conversion tool. The advantage of using this tool is that it saves you from the hassle of typing again the same text.
5. Auto Text: The auto text option in typing app for PC helps users in providing a match for the words as soon as they start typing something. This option would help you choose from a range of words that appear through the auto text option. It not only increases speed but also reduces the possibility of error. This setting can be turned off anytime.
6. Customized Words List: A customized list of words provides substitutes and alternatives to save your time during keyboard typing activities. You can add, update or delete words every time they appear in the customized words list during auto text help.
7. Inscript Keyboard: Indian alphabets have a logical structure based on phonetic properties. The overlay of Inscript keyboards is divided into two parts- vowel pad on the left and consonant pad on the right. This script uses a standard layout for a keyboard using a 104- or 105-key layout.
8. Virtual Keyboard: The virtual keyboard that appears on the screen lets you select characters from this keyboard. Hindi typing software for Windows 10 with the virtual keyboard feature is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 9, XP and Vista as well.
9. Interactive Training Tools: Interactive typing tools add to the list of interesting features that make the Hindi typing process hassle-free and convenient. Add-ons such as typing statistics, lessons explaining characters/words/sentences, arrows indicating fingers that need to be used, etc. guarantee a smooth Hindi typing journey.
1. Placement of Fingers on the Keyboard: Use the same finger placement whether typing in English or Hindi language. Keep your fingers in the exact same position on the keyboard to achieve typing speed and accuracy during a Hindi typing speed test. Avoid any changes in this placement as that would involve retraining your fingers for another typing placement.
2. Body Posture: The posture of the body should be such that the keyboard, your palm, and fingers and the chair are in perfect alignment with each other. In the sense that finger placement remains the same and palms touch the base/surface of the keyboard. The chair also should be positioned at a comfortable height from the desk so that you can perform well during a Hindi typing speed test.
3. Memorize the Position of the Keys: Create a map of the keyboard in your mind. This would help you memorize the position of all the letters on the keyboard. These should be so perfectly memorized that typing speed increases and work gets completed on time.
4. Learn to Use Shortcut Keys: Shortcut keys make work faster as you don’t have to click repeatedly on the options in the toolbar section of your desktop or notebook for performing tasks without using a mouse pad. Saving a file, counting words, adding pictures, changing font size and searching for words/phrases can be easily accomplished with the help of shortcut keys. Shortcut keys also help prepare for Hindi typing speed tests.
5. Make Continuous Practice your Habit: It is important to use the above tips and practice them regularly. Practicing would help you memorize the various tips for improving work quality and typing speed.
1. Kruti Dev: Kruti Dev font is used widely for both printings as well as surfing the internet. Professionals use Kruti Dev font for typing in Hindi. This Hindi typing font is available free of cost and is used by many state governments in India, such as, Jharkhand, Bihar, and Chhattisgarh for conducting entrance exams. Kruti Dev font is user-friendly, available offline helps in sharing content and provides zoom-in/zoom-out options.
2. Mangal: Mangal is an OpenType font for the Indic script- Devanagari. It is also one of the most widely used Hindi typing font, used by the government for conducting entrance exams for various services. The Mangal font requires a Hindi typing master download in order to be able to type in Hindi in a document. Mangal is based on Unicode, designed for use as a UI font.
3. Unicode: Unicode fonts for Hindi Typing cover a large part of Unicode characters meant for supporting multiple written languages. In more technical terms, Unicode font is described as an instance of typeface, which defines the way glyphs of Unicode character set would be displayed or printed. Arial, Calibri, Mangal, Siddhanta and GNU Unifont are good examples of Unicode font types.
Author: Kalpana Arya
In order to enable Hindi keypad, go to Control Panel, select Regional and Language option. Press the change keyboards key. Next click the add button and search for ‘Hindi India’. Select the Devanagari Inscript and your Hindi typing keyboard is now ready to use. For using specific font such as Krutidev, download the Krutidevapp, click on the file downloaded and follow the instructions as given. You can also use Hindi keyboard online available on its website.
Select Google Input tools for typing in desired language. There are language options available that you can choose from for typing in your preferred language. There is also an online keyboard available to help you type in Hindi. In case you plan to type in Hindi, select Hindi language from the menu to start typing in your preferred language with an English keyboard.
Hindi typing software is a key tool for fast and efficient Hindi typing process. Some of the best Hindi typing software available currently in the market are: Indic Input 3 India Typing Software Hindi Indic IME 1 Anop- Hindi Typing Tutor Soni Typing Software
Hindi typing tutor is good for not just Hindi typing but also learning how to do Hindi typing quickly. Some of the best Hindi typing tutors available currently are: Indiatyping Hindityping Typingbaba Sonityping tutor Hinditypingtutor
Last Updated on : 11 Aug, 2022
Hindi typing software download is necessary for typing in Hindi. English to Hindi typing app for pc provides access to all types of a keyboard like Remington Gail, Inscript, Kruti dev, Mangal and Hindi Remington. It is good for B2B and Individual organizations.
Get Advice from India’s
Best Software Expert
review for Lipikaar Typing Software
"I use Lipikar software both on mobile and Windows and it is helping me so much. I have a travelling job so accessing it is always hassle-free."
review for Baraha Typing Software
"Easy to use and very good for beginners and it supports all native Indian languages."
review for Soni Typing Tutor
"Very easy settings pannel. Excellent results analysis and worth buying"
Typing Tutor is one of the best Hindi typing software available that supports Mangal font. The software supports Remington Gail Keyboard layout for typing in Mangal Unicode Font.
You can use Krutidev to Unicode converter for changing fonts. The Remington keyboard helps convert content into Unicodeformat. The same converter can be used for converting text from Unicode to Krutidev.
You can use Krutidev to Mangal converter for changing fonts. The same converter can be used for converting text from Mangal to Krutidev. These converters function as useful Hindi typing master tools.
Some of the best free Hindi typing software that let you learn Hindi typing at home are: Rapid Typing Tutor KeyBlaze Free Typing Tutor Speed Typing Online Typing Bolt Typing.com
A few of the best English to Hindi typing software in the market today have been enlisted below: Max Type Pro Typing Trainer Hindi Writer Ratatype ZenTypist