Buyers Guide Content
- What is Business Process Management (BPM) Software?
- Features in Best BPM Software Tool
- Benefits of BPM Software Solutions for Small or Large Business
- Most Popular BPM Software vendors
What is Business Process Management (BPM) Software?
BPM Software is an important tool that enables businesses to design, administer, execute, monitor, and optimize their management workflows. BPMS is enterprise software that leverages business process management concepts to organize and automate processes. BPM is now seen as an important part of the operational intelligence solution and helps you deliver real-time actionable information. Some basic features that BPM software provides to ensure high-quality performance are business rules engine, business process modeling, business activity monitoring, and human workflow.
Business process management software is classified into three categories:
- Human-centric BPM software
- Integration-centric BPM software
- Document-centric BPM
Features in Best BPM Software Tool
Business Process Management Software is getting updated and new functions are added regularly, here are some of the most important features listed below:
- Visual Workflow Tool: A good business process management software provides drawing tools for creating design workflows. This feature has been updated with the animation tool that gives a moving image of the workflow and does a risk analysis to increase efficiency.
- Role-Based User Access Controls: Every organization has hierarchical order of control and power, and the best business process management software provides access to the functions business leaders need to fulfill their tasks.
- Mobile App Support: Business Process management tools are now providing their services for smartphone users for easier access and workflow management. Mobile support is provided for both Android and iPhone users.
- Powerful Administrator Feature: BPMS is prone to jamming because of some odd user action. In-house administrator functions can solve such issues without any assistance from consultants. It can also reassign tasks on both individual and bulk basis, delete items, move items to a completed position, and edit forms as needed in business processes.
- Single Sign-On: This feature is critical for large-scale companies. Single Sign-on allows a user to log in to multiple platforms with a single user credential. It is quite a very helpful feature for continuing work during emergency conditions such as device crashes.
- Integration with Existing Software Systems: A high-quality BPM ensures integration with other core software systems. It makes the business process management process more data-driven.
- Reports and Analytics: BPM collects and provides reports about the success and completion of workflows. It also provides reports on individual employees and helps improve their performance. Business process management tools also give you an overview of organization’s performance so that your processes can improve.
- Performance and Scalability: A BPM system is scalable and its features can be upgraded according to the size of the organization and the amount of work that must be done.
- Process Performance Bar: The process Performance Bar is an important tool for enterprise growth. It helps them spot issues with the workflow and make the right decisions to improve the ineffective workflows. BPM automatically captures the issues with the system and works on them to rectify them.
- Drag and Drop from Designers: BPM software allows the integration of workflow designs made by non-BPM users. It helps ease the user interface and enhance the information source for the organization.
Benefits of BPM Software Solutions for Small or Large Business
Business process management software adds a lot of value to organizations. Here are some of its benefits:
- Agility in Business Processes: Organizations are continuously facing new challenges, that demands them to reorganize their workflows. BPMS saves them the hassle of working from scratch. BPM software is very adaptable to volatile market demands, govt. regulations and urgent situations to change workflows.
- Increase in Productivity: BPM software opens the door for automation of repetitive elements in a workflow. It saves a lot of time and improves the efficiency of employees and workflows by removing bottlenecks, introducing parallel processing, and eliminating redundant steps.
- Efficiency and Risk Reduction: With workflow designs, businesses can focus on inefficiencies and solutions to correct them. BPM provides organizations the opportunity to work with high efficiency. BPM software also leads to improvement in workflow designing, monitoring, and execution. It also makes the entire workflow management process transparent.
- Employee Fulfilment: BPM gets rid of red-tapism in the organization and lets employees focus 100% on their tasks. The process automation cuts down repetitive work and eases information access. Hence, the resulting increase in individual employee efficiency and productivity.
- Sustainability of Workflow: Business Processes are regularly improving to adapt to changing organizational needs and conditions to deliver high-quality results. BPM software helps to achieve results while maintaining control and constantly adapting to the needs.
Most Popular BPM Software vendors
- Bonita BPM
- OZ Report
- BMP Business Services Management
- Commindware Case Management System
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Alfresco Business Process Management
- MACOM Workflow Management
- Ganges Workflow
- SoftExpert BPM